For up-to-date information and last minute cancellations of ECDHA events, be sure to "follow" us on Twitter and Facebook!
Please Note: It is required by both the ECDHA and the State of Connecticut that any horses being exhibited at public fairs or shows in this state have a valid, up-to-date Certificate of Negative Coggins and Certificate of Rabies by a licensed veterinarian. The ECDHA also requires those documents for ALL ECDHA events. Click HERE to view the CT Fair & Show Requirements as published by the State of Connecticut Department of Agriculture.
• April 23, Saturday, (rain date April 24) - Eastern CT Draft Horse Association Plow Match. University of CT, Lee Farm, corner of Route 44 and North River Road in Coventry. 9AM start time. $15.00 per adult teamster, $10 juniors. Open to members and nonmembers. Spectators welcome. Ribbons & trophies. Coffee & donuts available in the morning. Bring your own lunch. Click HERE for flier. For more information: Dale Naegeli (860) 742-7117
• April 30, Saturday - Eastern CT Draft Horse Association "Plowing the Community Garden" Event. Wilbraham, MA. 10AM start time. Invited teamsters from the ECDHA will plow the town's 3 acre community garden with horses and oxen. All are invited to spectate. Open to the public. Food and activities planned. For more information, or if you are an experienced plowman with a good team and would like to plow, call Melissa Graves (413) 244-4934.
• June 25 & 26 - ECDHA Driving Clinic. All-Horse Driving Clinic. Learn how to drive, mini to draft horse size. Blue Slope Country Museum, 138 Blue Hill Road, Franklin, CT. $250 includes instruction and meals. Get the flier HERE.
• July 10, Sunday - Eastern CT Draft Horse Association sponsored Draft Horse Show, North Stonington Fair Grounds, North Stonington, CT. For more information: Gary Kincaid (860) 535-1416. Click HERE for class list.
• August 6 (rain date August 7) - Eastern CT Draft Horse Association Carriage Rally. 6 miles of carriage trails. Blue Slope Country Museum, Franklin, CT. Open to ECDHA members ONLY. For more information: Sandy at Blue Slope: 860-642-6413.
• November 5, Sunday, (rain date November 6) - Eastern CT Draft Horse Association Fun Day. 10:00AM. Bring your own lunch. Blue Slope Country Museum, 138 Blue Hill Road, Franklin, CT. For more information: Blue Slope (860) 642-7084.
• December 13, Tuesday, Eastern CT Draft Horse Association Christmas Party Meeting, Blue Slope Country Museum, 138 Blue Hill Road, Franklin, CT. Pot Luck Dinner & Yankee Swap. 6:00PM. (Volunteers needed for set-up on December 11). For more information: Sandy Staebner (860) 642-7084.
ECDHA Meetings are held every third Tuesday of the month at Blue Slope Country Museum, 7:00PM, unless otherwise noted on the EVENTS page. All are welcome! Call the listed contact person for directions to Special Meetings.